Spirit Guest Editor
UU World is seeking a freelance guest editor for the Spirit section of our quarterly print publication.
This section of the magazine invites readers to reflect on their spiritual lives through fine art, craft, poetry, and essays. The Spirit guest editor will work under the direction of the managing editor to:
- identify content
- communicate with contributors
- edit text, captions, and credits
- assemble the section
The page layout is done in Quark software by the staff production assistant in collaboration with the guest editor.
The application process involves sending three things to Kenneth Sutton, managing editor, at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Please let me know something about you, in a letter, resume, or artwork.
- Please send a link to two pieces of content of two different types that you would publish in the Spirit section of UU World.
- Download the spiritarchive.zip file containing four pdfs, each a full section of UU World magazine edited by a different person. In the two earlier issues, the section now called “Spirit” was called “Reflections.”
- Jan/Feb 2001, edited by the Rev. Rosemary Bray McNatt
- May/June 2003, edited by Christopher L. Walton
- Spring 2013, edited by the Rev. Laura Randall
- Winter 2013, edited by Kenneth Sutton
Please read each pdf, then select one and send a critique.
Thank you for your interest.